This poor website sure has taken a beating over the years. In addition to its role as a portfolio and a blog it is, most importantly, a punching bag for me to learn new ways to build websites. I haven’t been punching that bag, so to speak, for about a year, so I’m out of shape.
In July of 2012 I declared creative bankruptcy. I’m really glad I did. The subsequent year has been a very productive one for me creatively. What changed? In a word: focus. I decided to focus on one project at a time, rather than to spread myself too thin.
Now, I’ve got a few new things to add to the portfolio and I’ve started to think this website could use an update, and I could use some practice.
Here are some things I’ve been tinkering with:
- responsive layouts, specifically Bootstrap
- typography for responsive layouts
- unofficial wordpress repositories (via Github) for themes, plugins, etc. that go beyond the aging options available at wordpress.org
- WordPress theme frameworks like Roots, _underscores, starkers and others
- a dozen other WordPress themes that use Bootstrap
All this is a way of taking notes but also it’s a way to say “pardon the mess” and to ask for any questions, comments of suggestions from you, if you have any.